Village of Round Lake
Here is information about the Village water, sanitary sewer, garbage and recycling system related to the rates and billing for services. Any additional questions should be directed to Village Hall at 847-546-5400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Village contracts with Waste Management for the garbage and recycling services. For more information on garbage and recycling, click on the garbage and recycling link
The Utility Bill is a combined bill including water, sewer, garbage and recycling. The bills are mailed monthly. Utility bills for the Village of Round Lake are mailed to customers the 1st of each month. Payment is due by the 20th. For payments received after the 20th, a late fee of 10% is assessed. If payment is not made by the 20th, a pink delinquent notice, which is also known as the 2nd notice, will be mailed. If payment is not made by the due date on the pink notice, a yellow shut-off notice, also known as a 3rd notice, showing the full amount owed and the reconnection charges will be mailed. If payment is not made by the due date of the yellow notice, the water will be disconnected and to reconnect the water service, payment must be made in full or payment arrangements must be made. The reconnection fee of $50 dollars will be placed on your next bill.
ESTABLISHING SERVICE/CANCELLING SERVICE
Moving in or out? Please contact the Village Hall at 847-546-5400 to provide your information.
Please visit or contact the Administrative Department when setting up a new service and provide your mailing address, phone number and your tenant's information. It is your responsibility to pay the utility bill if your tenant neglects to pay. To cancel service, contact the Administrative Department with a forwarding address so that a final bill is prepared and forwarded.
WATER TURN ON & SHUT OFF
To request the water to be turned on or off during business hours (8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.), please contact the Village Hall, Administrative Department at 847-546-5400.
For water turn on after hours, or in the event of an emergency water shut off, please call the Police non-emergency number at 847-270-9111 and they will contact the Round Lake Public Works Personnel.
DESCRIPTION OF CHARGES
- Village Service Charges: This charge is for the maintenance of the water and sewer lines. Customers are billed a minimum monthly charge for overhead that is a fixed charge and the usage charge for each 1000 gallons of fraction thereof.
- Lake County Charges: The Village pays Lake County for the delivery and processing of sewerage so all customers are billed this service charge based on their usage.
- JAWA Charges: The Village purchases water from the Central Lake County Joint Action Water Agency (JAWA). All customers are billed this service charge based on usage. The water rates we pay help to ensure that we continue to maintain the existing water infrastructure so as to provide excellent water services.
- Garbage And Recycling: These fees are flat fees that are charged monthly.
UTILITY BILLING RATES (CLICK ON THE RATE SHEET TO VIEW IN A SEPARATE WINDOW)
WATER CONSERVATION INFO
WATER SHUT OFF/TURN ON FEES
There is a $50.00 charge for connection or reconnection of service during normal business hours. For reconnection in off-hours the charge is $100.00.
- Pay at Village Hall, 442 N. Cedar Lake Road, Round Lake, located between Hart Road and Route 134. Cash, check, money order and credit (MasterCard/Discover/American Express)
- Send check/money order via postal mail to: Village of Round Lake, Village Hall, 442 N. Cedar Lake Road, Round Lake, IL 60073
- Parking Lot Payment Box. Payment Boxes are located in the parking lot at Village Hall, 442 N. Cedar Lake Road, and the parking lot of the Round Lake Police and Public Works Facility located at 741 W. Townline Road
- Direct Debit .. Once you complete the application, mail to: Direct Debit, Village of Round Lake, 442 N. Cedar Lake Road, Round Lake, IL 60073, or bring in to the Village Hall. NOTE: The process to initialize direct debit may take up to 30 days; therefore, the current bill might not be processed through direct debit. To download the brochure, CLICK HERE
- Via an online bank account. If you are paying through an internet pay service or bank, please have payments sent to the Village of Round Lake, 442 N. Cedar Lake Road, Round Lake, IL 60073
- Village Website - E-Pay - Pay your water/sewer/garbage bill with your credit card by CLICKING HERE . (Visa is not accepted)
- Bill Payment Arrangement. Payment plans may be offered not more than once to the same customer and may not be for a time period in excess of six months. To print out form, CLICK HERE . The Village Finance Director must sign the payment arrangement.
Contact Information442 N. Cedar Lake Road
Round Lake, IL 60073
Hours: M-F: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Sat: Open one Saturday a month; prior to or on the 20th of the month 8:00 am - 12:00 pm