The Public Works Department provides a broad base of services to the community in a prompt, courteous, safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
The Public Works Department strives to plan, design, build, maintain, and operate public infrastructure in a sustainable manner that enhances the community and provides the Village with a quality foundation for generations to come.
The primary responsibilities of the Public Works Department include:
- Water delivery and maintenance of the water system
- Sanitary sewer conveyance and maintenance of the sanitary sewer system
- Storm water conveyance and maintenance of the storm water system
- Maintenance of streets, storm drains, and street lighting
- Maintenance of Village grounds and facilities
- Maintenance of trees located within the public rights-of-way
- Engineering and contract administration of public improvements
- Review of design and construction of public development
- Environmental compliance and oversight
- Snow and ice mitigation operations
- Prevailing Wage Ordinance