The Police Department strives to protect and care for the well-being of our
community while providing excellence in police service. The Police Department is
committed to the values of integrity, fairness, competency and professionalism through positive
and meaningful police-citizen interactions and partnerships; these interactions and partnerships
preserve the peace and safety of the Village of Round Lake, making the Village a very desirable
place to live, work, and visit.
The primary responsibilities of the Police Department include:
- Protecting and serving the residents of the Village of Round Lake
- Planning and budgeting of the department
- Improving the Department’s response to domestic violence
- Facilitating and coordinating Law Enforcement services to the community
- Planning police coverage
- Addressing legal and legislative matters
- Administering labor agreements
- Providing a liaison to the news media
Under the direction of the Chief of Police, the Police Department functions through two Divisions, Administration and Operations. Each Division is commanded by a Department Commander.
The Administration Division includes the records department, procurement, and professional standards, while the Operations Division of the Police Department includes the patrol and investigative operations.